We’ll be the first to say it: Traveling with pets isn’t always easy. In fact, it’s usually pretty difficult to find accommodations that are close by, where you feel comfortable leaving or bringing your pet, and that your pet loves as much as you do.
The bottom line is this: When you travel, you need services and accommodations that you can trust with your pet, and that can be hard to find without recommendations—especially if you’re on a tight schedule with not much time to research. Luckily, we’ve done the research for you. Here’s a list we’ve compiled of the top pet-sitting services in Savannah. Read on for our recommendations on pet-friendly hotels, boarding, pet-sitting services, and more:
Traveling with pets is difficult, especially if you’re visiting a new area without any way to tour, ask around, or get to know your options. If you’re planning on visiting the Savannah area soon and want to bring your furry family members along, or if you’re doing research for visitors with pets, check out these top pet-friendly hotels:
- The Brice, A Kimpton Hotel, 601 E. Bay Street, Savannah, GA; bricehotel.com.
- The Galloway House, 107 E. 35th Street, Savannah, GA; thegallowayhouse.com.
- Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District, 301 E. Bay Street, Savannah, GA; staybridge.com.
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, 1 Resort Drive, Savannah, GA; westinsavannah.com.
Doggie daycare & boarding
If you’re worried about leaving your dog or cat home alone during the day or you’re planning to take a quick weekend trip and need a place to keep them overnight, here are some of our favorite spots around Savannah for dog sitting, daycare, and overnight boarding:
- Animal Resort & Spa, 2357 Ogeechee Road, Savannah, GA 31415; animalresortandspa.webs.com.
- Barkie Bow Wow’s Pet Salon, Chippewa Shopping Plaza, 205 E. Montgomery Cross Road, Savannah, GA 31406; barkiebowwow.com.
- Barks, 180 Thunderbird Drive, Richmond Hill, GA; barksdogdaycare.com.
- Catnip-n-Biscuits, 2615 Skidaway Road, Savannah, GA 31404; catnipnbiscuits.com.
- Club Fido & Friends, 107 Horizon Park Drive A, Savannah, GA 31405; clubfidoandfriends.com.
- Critter Sitter Doggie Day Care, 101 Sunshine Road, Savannah, GA 31405; crittersit.com.
- Savannah Animal Care, 510 W. Bryan Street, Savannah, GA 31401; savannahanimalcare.com/veterinary-services/pet-boarding.
Cat daycare & boarding
And if you have a cat that needs a place to stay during the day or overnight, here are some great Savannah options:
Trusty Tails Pet-Sitting Services
And, of course, there’s Trusty Tails services in Savannah. We offer stopover visits, for pets who would prefer to stay at home but still need care while you’re away, or those who need someone to stop in during the workday to walk, feed, and/or play. If you have a senior pet or one who’s nervous or suffers from health problems, we also offer hourly pet care. Plus, we have pet sitting and dog walking services as well, depending on your needs. Read more about all of our services or contact our Savannah Trusty Tails team today.