A professional dog walker is gaining ground with urban people who have a pet but can’t keep up with them due to their tight schedule. Even though you want to be outside with your dog playing in the park, the schedule does not allow the same. That means that the dog has to stay indoors as well. This can affect their health, behavior and attitude as well.
Dog walking has its own advantages both for the owner and the dog. The health benefits for dogs are immense. When they get proper exercise, they feel better and remain more active. The stress level in dogs increases in cramped urban settings. Thus, walking is a great way to get out there and stretch out.
A Dog Walker is the Perfect Solution
You can hire a dog walker in New Jersey to come to your home and take your dog for walk. The services can be availed as per the budget. Here are some good reasons why a dog walker is important for the health of your dog.
- Walking is a natural instinct for your dog. When you live in a small apartment, their activity reduces much like yours. Walking enables dogs to better use energy and stimulate their body and mind. If your dog is hyper-energized, they can experience calm and relaxation after a good walk. They won’t go around home damaging items while you are away.
- When hyper energy is released due to work out or walking, they behave better at home. This increased focus also helps them train better. Excited dogs do not respond to training and are most likely to be distracted. After a good walk, you can teach them basic manners and other cool new tricks.
- Walking provides mental stimulation besides aiding physical activity. They explore their surroundings better when out with a professional dog walker. This gives them an idea of world outside your home and they have a wider sense of being. Naturally, this helps their mental growth as well.
- When a dog walker takes your dog out in groups, they can socialize with other pets. This opportunity to meet with other dogs, gives them more confidence. You will notice the difference in your dog’s behavior when they are out with you alone on a leash and when they are in company of other dogs. They can be more playful with their mates. Pack walks can balance your dog’s state of mind. Lone dogs can benefits immensely from pack walks.
- Needless to say, the immediate health benefits are huge. They are more likely to have increased immunity to parasites, their skin/fur will be healthier with regular exercise, and they will probably bark less and also respond to commands better.
When a dog walker in NJ takes your dog for walk in the neighborhood park, it is their time deservedly so. There is no harm in letting them have some time of their own. And whenever you have the time, you can also go for a walk. If you have a busy schedule, daily walks with a professional dog walker can truly help your dog – mentally and psychologically.